Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Thursday, May 26

It would be way past bedtime if I actually owned a bed

So about three weeks ago I fell asleep in a completely wrong position. After a week and a half of pain, I went to the doctor. He determined that I strained a deep muscle in my neck/upper back. Being in Northern California, I had numerous friends ask if the problem could not have been solved by a massage therapist or a chiropractor. It probably could have but those solutions would have involved taking even more time off from work. I must say once more that I completely love Flexeril, the prescription the doctor wrote. Because I was in a great deal of pain at that time, he also wrote me a prescription for Tylenol 3. I'm saving that bottle for a real emergency. I would have needed them if it hadn't been for the Flexeril. The only thing I worry about is that the Flexeril runs out over this weekend. Does that mean that I will be wired for weeks? When I first started taking the pills, I was ready to go into coma sleep by about 4 p.m. (The earliest that I get off of work is 6 p.m.) Last week was hellish. This week is sooooo happy.

I guess I should head off to sleep now but if I leave now, I will be stuck with the sounds of Digital Underground doing "Freaks of the Industry."

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flexeril sounds niiiice. Although I (as a born-and-raised NoCal girl) love accupuncture as well.

    Somehow in NY I went to Jacqueline Onassis' acccupuncturist, Biko, and she cured me right up of my stomach ailments.

    I have Digital Underground in my car right now!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    I heard a few months ago that Digital Underground had a new album out. (I think I was listening to KMEL at the time.) I was shocked. I thought they had ceased to exist long ago.

    Hmmm ... hadn't thought of accupunture. If I had talked to my aunt, she would have mentioned it. Sad thing is that I live near the ever so wonderful Elephant Pharmacy. I probably should have gone there instead of to the doctor, but then I would not have known the joy of Flexeril.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    how do people pronounce your name in america? do you like your name? we're thinking of naming our daughter dagny. thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home