Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Thursday, May 12

I'm it.

I was tagged yesterday so here goes. I let myself marinate ... ummm I mean meditate ... with some Chuck last night. Here's my answers.

The Premise (pick 5):
If I could be a scientist…
If I could be a farmer…
If I could be a musician…
If I could be a doctor…
If I could be a painter…
If I could be a gardener…
If I could be a missionary…
If I could be a chef…
If I could be an architect…
If I could be a linguist…
If I could be a psychologist…
If I could be a librarian…
If I could be an athlete…
If I could be a lawyer…
If I could be an inn-keeper…
If I could be a professor…
If I could be a writer…
If I could be a llama-rider…
If I could be a bonnie pirate…
If I could be an astronaut…
If I could be a world famous blogger…
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…
If I could be married to any current famous political figure…


If I could be an inn-keeper...
I'd have the kind of place that would make you feel at home. In fact you'd love it there so much, you'd never want to leave. Of course it would be impossible to get a reservation, it would be so popular. Oh, and the decor, food, etc. would make people say, "Martha who?"

If I could be a linguist...
I'd make more of an effort to travel more. Actually I did briefly toy with the idea of majoring in linguistics in undergrad. I've always been fascinated by language. That is how I ended up taking both Spanish and Italian in undergrad. (The linguistics department requires that you study at least two languages.)

If I could be a librarian...
I'd try to find ways to get kids away from their PS2's and to read more. I have always loved books. I am also picky about who gets to borrow mine. I think they should be treated with care and respect. Last year my classroom was directly across the hall from the school library. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

If I could be a painter...
I'd actually be able to draw what I see. Well, at least I hope so. The prof for the drawing class I took in college used me as an example once. "See how she has gone back over the work? She is not afraid to go back and try to correct what she has gotten wrong."

If I could be an architect...
I'd create affordable yet stylish homes for people around the San Francisco area. Why? Because I have accepted the fact that I will probably never be a home owner unless I get married. That is probably the only way that I will have the minimum income necessary to apply for a home loan given the current median prices.

So that's me. Guess it's my turn to decide who to tag next. I think I'll need more Chuck to make that decision. Guess I'd better run along before I'm late for work.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Gloria said…

    ooh, i like your answer to the architect one (sorry no caps, am eating a popsicle and can only type with one hand).

    all the architects-in-training i know, however, sleep under their desks at school because they are so busy. that would suck. i love my bed.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would love to read more. But my inquisitive nature just ruins any attempt I make to relax with a book. Whether it be fiction or non, I inevitably stop reading after 15 or 20 pages.

    I then take the book to the computer and start Googling things about which I want to know more. So 15 pages turns into an hour of internet searching, and I might finish the book in three months or so...

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Gloria, I wish the architect in training upstairs from me would just sleep under his desk. Instead he likes to blast music at random hours. It used to be around midnight for five minutes or so but I think someone may have complained. Now it's on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for 3 hours or so. He plays it loud enough to entertain the entire building. Oh, and then there's last Friday morning. When I woke up, I thought that perhaps he was working out. He was -- sort of. When the woman screamed, I realized what kind of workout was going on.

    DDJ, books always win out for me. As I live alone, the television is frequently on but if I am not on the internet, I am usually reading a book or the latest issue of Vanity Fair. I have three 5-shelf bookcases and plan to get another. Even with that addition, I will not have enough shelf space for all the books I own. I have been told that teachers own way too many books.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home