Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Wednesday, May 11

Eggs scrambled or over easy?

(with those cajones)

I was at a loss for my next post until I commented on another post. Funny how other posts will suddenly inspire you.

My boss quitting has brought out the alpha female in me. (Think an softer alpha male -- NOT!) I have always been a perfectionist and do not expect less from others. Before she quit, my boss gave me permission to address the instructors individually. Today I took full advantage of that opportunity.

As the day progressed, we suddenly realized that my boss was supposed to have a conference with a parent. I said that I could handle the conference as long as I did not have to work with students at the same time. What happened? You guessed it. I had to work with students at the same time. I quickly looked over the schedule and discovered a teacher who could work with my students until I was free. His response to the assistant I sent with the message? "I can do it for 10 or 15 minutes but then I have to get ready for my next class." Somehow he had forgotten that I am his boss. I was tempted to rip him a new one but I held back. Instead at the end of my conference, I stated that his response was highly non-supportive. He denied that he ever made any such statement. I have since received corroboration from elsewhere. He really is an idiot. When I was in undergrad (prior to attending law school and then dropping out), many people said that I should become a PI because I had a way of finding out things that nobody else could. What can I say? People trust me, as they should.

As far as progress on my cleaning goes, for those who may care, it is still at a standstill. I took some trash out tonight but the room still looks the same. At this point it just means that if I have to go through sleep deprivation to make the place presentable, I will. I am the queen of procrastinators.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Gloria said…

    That's why hired help is so nice. If only I could get someone to clean the whirlwind of papers that is my bedroom.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Yes, but I would feel the need to clean before the help arrived. I just have issues with other people touching my stuff. Of course if I was fabulously wealthy and lived in a really large house, I'd probably have no issues with having help. I'd be too busy chairing a bunch of committees anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home