Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Sunday, May 8

I'm going in

With the festival over, it is now time for me to turn my attention back to my apartment. I swear that the mess that is the bedroom has grown.

I decided to turn in early last night so that I could get to IKEA bright and early today. (Apparently my aunt called me around 10:30 last night. That's what the call log on my phone says anyway. I guess I was in a coma.) I didn't get up early enough though because it took me at least 10 minutes to find a parking space. Thankfully I knew what I wanted to buy and where in the store to find it.



I am now the proud owner of a lovely Norden table. I even managed to put it together. Actually the real feat was getting out of my car and into my apartment -- alone.

I also went to Albertson's and Trader Joe's because my fridge was quite empty. Also if I plan to let people into my apartment next weekend, I really should have something to offer them. When I set out, I had planned to go to Albertson's first but my car operates on autopilot. I was thinking Albertson's but found myself in front of Trader Joe's. I figured that I may as well park and head on in. A month ago they had these wonderful lamb chops; they don't now. Such is life at Trader Joe's.

I really do plan to tackle the room today. I just need to get some food in my stomach first. All the shopping and putting together of furniture has drained me.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Gloria said…

    I love Trader Joes! Then again, I love most grocery stores.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Cryptic, I am glad that I have given you some satisfaction. The photo was taken shortly after I moved when I had first started unpacking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home