Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Friday, April 22

Injured again

I don't know what hurts worse -- my head or my rear. The story is not quite as sordid as you would like to think.

Last night I went to Opening Night of the San Francisco International Film Festival along with my two best friends, Millicent and Yvonne. It's become an annual tradition for the three of us. We enjoyed the movie. We really enjoyed the gift bags. Well, Millicent and I did at least. Skyy Vodka is one of the major sponsors of the Festival so the gift bag always includes a little bottle of Skyy. Millicent and I always consume our bottles during the film. Yvonne doesn't because she is a lightweight. That also makes her the designated driver.

After the film, there's a party with lots of -- yep, you guessed it -- Skyy Vodka. Oh, and wine and beer too thanks to the other sponsors, Sterling Vineyards and Stella Artois. There is fabulous food too. Unfortunately I did partake of the food as much as I should have. My palate was poisoned by venison with some weird orange sauce. It took several drinks to get the taste out of my mouth. I do remember posing for a photo that is supposed to appear on a website.

Then it was off to the VIP room. Unfortunately I only had two VIP passes and there were three of us. I volunteered to go into VIP to check it out and come back with a report. Well, the twit at the door gave me a wristband but didn't collect my pass. I quickly handed off the passes to Millicent and Yvonne. From there things just went crazy. Yvonne and I posed for souvenir photos from Sterling Vineyards. (The photos were printed and framed by the time we were ready to leave the party.) Yvonne is a dear friend who is always on the lookout for me. After checking out the band playing in the room, Yvonne stated, "The drummer's really cute. Of course I'm looking for you." Did I mention that Yvonne has been married for ten years and has two kids? We all quickly agreed that indeed the drummer was cute. The band was playing a bunch of covers. At one point in the evening, Millicent started yelling out a request for "Roxanne." Yvonne and I were mortified ... until the band started playing "Roxanne." Before leaving the party, I remember having a long conversation with the drummer. Oh, and he let me play the drums too. It's a shame they're from Atlanta.

I really should have known that it was going to be a bad night when Yvonne announced that we couldn't go home quite yet because she was drunk. So where'd we go? To a bar of course. I paid $21 for a round of drinks that we basically didn't touch. If only we had left the bar five minutes earlier. It seems I had told some guy that I was heading to the bar. He showed up as we were leaving and insisted on coming along. He drove me back to my car and was going to follow me home. I managed to lose him in the streets of Berkeley. What's the guy's name? I don't know, but I could find out. I apparently gave him my phone number also because he called me after I lost him.

Then to end a perfectly lovely evening I stumbled into the bathroom and slipped. On my way to meet the floor, my rear met up with the toilet. Sitting is quite painful to say the least.

So in the end I think that in the future I will not mix merlot with vodka.

Oh, and perhaps there will be pictures in the near future. I had a disposable camera with me last night and have apparently used half the roll of film. It should be very interesting.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love those nights where you don't remember much but are reminded the next day when you get a voicemail from someone you don't remember giving your phone number to! At least your injury isn't visible!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    I wish I had been reminded the next day. The guy called me at 3 AM to tell me that I had ditched him. The first time I was stupid enough to actually answer the phone.

    Hmmm... 3 AM is starting to become a theme, but that will be a new post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home