Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Tuesday, April 12

Injured

It never fails. I am always injuring myself but can never remember when it happened. (No, this does not happen after imbibing too much ... anymore. It's been a number of years since I've left college. Check my profile. Do the math.)

Today I awoke with a long newly-formed scab on my arm. I can only guess that it occured while I moved the last of my belongings into the apartment. By the way, if you think the last photo was frightening, then you haven't seen anything yet. My belongings are kin to the Blob and have taken over the apartment. Thankfully I'm off work most of this weekend and will be able to deal with it.

Oh yeah. This is not supposed to be about the mess around me but the thing on my arm. When I got home tonight, I immediately headed for the computer so that I could do my evening check of my fave blogs. In the middle of it all, I looked down and realized that my arm was actually bleeding. What's worse is that I now notice that there are several scratches in the same area -- all of them red. I just hope they don't get infected like last year when I got a piece of fence stuck in my arm. Now that was a lot of fun. The guy in the surgery department said that he was trying to minimize the scarring but of course I have a scar on my arm. I love to tell that story and watch people cringe.

Anyway, just felt like sharing the bleeding arm thing. It felt very "Gloria." hehe

2 Comments:

  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Gloria said…

    Heeheehee. It *is a good thing I'm no longer in med school, because I am not truly squeamish about such stuff and I love sharing it. Maybe I get it from my parents, who will discuss their cases over dinner.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    My mom was a hospital planner for a living. Before that she did research work. I spent way too much time hanging out in hospitals as a kid, I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home