Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Sunday, March 27

Bad daughter? Who cares?

So I just got back from visiting my dad and stepmother. I went for the rack of lamb but was pleasantly surprised when my stepmother presented me with a card. It was a housewarming gift and contained a check for $100. I now suddenly feel the urge to run to IKEA.

I could use some more bookcases. But then again I still don't have a bed or table and chairs. (Before you get too concerned I have been sleeping on the futon in the living room until I can get a bed.) I'm thinking that if I wait until my next payday in two weeks, then I should go out and get the table and chairs. Which to get is the big question. There is always the Jokk set. Then there is Norden table. The problem with the Norden is that then I have to try to select chairs. The obvious choice wouold be the Stefan in blue, but I also like the Roger. Then again, I'm not necessarily thrilled with the price for the Roger -- $236 for four chairs. Uh oh. I just noticed Bertil.

As you can see, I am in dire need of help. I gladly welcome your opinions.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Gloria said…

    I LOVE IKEA!

    I think that it's just the concept that you can get lots of crap for cheap, and the crap looks pretty good. Until it starts falling apart, like my dresser. Then it's annoying.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    I had been warned about the possibility of things falling apart. The bookcases have held up ok so far.

    What I need is an opinion though. Which chairs?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home