Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Tuesday, March 1

So much for fun

I am really excited about moving into the new apartment. One of the highlights is that there are bars and clubs crawling distance away. I think this is a key feature in looking for a place to live. It looks like I might have to put my partying on hold though.

Yesterday I was driving into work when I received a phone call from the other manager. Nothing strange there because we often call each other to warn of the insanity that is going on. What was the insanity yesterday? She had been fired. I was completely shocked. I knew that the bosses didn't necessarily like her, but I didn't really expect them to fire her. My boss was in a meeting when I got in. As soon as it was over, she wanted to talk but I had a meeting scheduled at that time. Then right after that one my former co-worker had a meeting scheduled that I had to cover. Needless to say, yesterday was a frantic, draining day.

So much for celebrating the new place. I'm not sure when I will have a semi-sane moment for some time. OK. So I rarely have sane moments, but at least they're usually fun.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Gloria said…

    If I were there, I'd bring over some champagne.

    I think you need to take a vacation. Let's go to Barbados. I've found deals on hotels - if we go in April.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Barbados ... I know this really nice guy there. In fact I still have his phone number in my cellphone, not that I've ever called. He thinks I deserve to be spoiled. Then again, he also thought that I dance like a stripper. He even asked my cousin what kind of places I had danced in. *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home