Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Friday, February 4

Dating is hell

So I went on my date last night. (For details see Why I hate dating)

I have spent the day in emails with various friends trying to analyze the whole situation. Gloria seems to think that everything went well. I'm not too sure it did. My best friend from high school sees it all differently. She used to be friend's with the guy's younger brother. Also her older brother was the guy's best friend. Therefore, she's had loads of time to observe him. She thinks that I'm a little to high energy for him. Perhaps I intimidated him. I've heard that a few times before. Since I have not had an answer to my usual thank you email at this point, I am just going to assume that I should just move on.

My high school friend also advised me that there are plenty of divorcees out there in my age range who just made the mistake of marrying young. I told her I already know one of those. He's a large part of the reason why I gave up dating for three years. I couldn't trust my judgment anymore. The problem is that now I think I'm a little too guarded. Or maybe I'm just too honest. I don't know. I hope to figure it out soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Gloria said…

    Ladedah, waiting for people to pick me up so we can go out.

    I didn't think that everything went well - just according to your account, it seems as though it did!

    It's okay, I've been told time and time again that I am intimidating. I fail to see how I am, aside from the fact that I don't talk to strangers and have mastered the ice queen stare, but you know...

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Long live the Ice Queens!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Gloria, you were right about my account. The date went well. I just have doubts if there will be a second date. *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home