Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Friday, April 1

I hate FedEx

A few weeks ago I was talking to my uncle in Denver. He asked if there was anything I needed for the new place. I said that I could probably use some new pots and pans. (I do love to cook.) He said that he would look for some.

Last Thursday night I received a phone call from my uncle while I was on my way home from work. He wanted to know if I had received the new pots and pans yet. I was surprised because I had not. When I got home, I discovered no package nor was there a doortag. The next morning I called to ask him for the tracking number.

I looked online and discovered that they had allegedly been trying to deliver the package since Tuesday and that it was due to be delivered again that same day. I then called the lovely people at FedEx. They confirmed that indeed the package was on the truck. That was all nice but I had to go to work and would not be at home. I asked them if they could simply deliver it to my work address. They told me that this would now be possible unless the shipper, my uncle who at this point was on a plane to LA to go on a cruise, requested the change in shipping. I asked if they could hold it at the station and I would simply pick it up on Saturday. (I had already been told that they were open Tuesday through Saturday.) I was told that it would be no problem. Friday afternoon I received a call from the driver telling me that he was five minutes away from my apartment. I told him that that was all very nice but I was not there. He then became indignant. "What do you mean you are not there? This is the fourth time I have tried to deliver this package."

Saturday I went to work and then drove out to the station to pick up my package. There was no one there! The stupid place was closed. I had driven 30 miles out of my way just to not get my package. Needless to say I promptly dialed the 800 number yet again. I was told to call back on Monday when the station would be open. Ummm ... didn't they tell me on Friday that this particular location was only open Tuesday through Saturday? Whatever...

Monday I promptly called FedEx again. I confirmed that the station was closed. They then said that re-delivery was highly unlikely as they had already attempted to deliver the package four times. Excuse me? I asked that the package be re-delivered on Friday, today. The rep told me that she would have someone from the station call me on Tuesday to confirm all of this. I received said call on Tuesday and everything was set ... so I thought.

I was waiting for the lovely folks from SBC so that they could finally turn on my phone so that I could actually buzz folks in the main door. (My feelings about the folks at SBC formerly Pacific Bell could probably use their own post. This was their second trip out to turn on my phone. Funny, but I didn't get any notice from them the first time they came out either.) I have a phone now, but I still didn't have my package. I decided that perhaps it was time to call FedEx yet again. What did I discover? That my package had not been sent out today, but instead was scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Since when has "Friday" sounded anything like "Saturday?" I told them that I thought their customer service was a bit lacking. I also told them that in the future I would perhaps suggest to my uncle that he use US mail. The post office is only a few blocks from me; I would have had the package by now. I finally spoke to a manager. She finally decided that they would send it to my job on Monday.

Hopefully I receive my package on Monday. All I know at this point is that these had better be the best damn pots and pans I have ever seen.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Gloria said…

    Ooh. That sucks. Write a mean letter.

    The last letter I wrote (to complain about a physician's assistant when I was in the ER) resulted, I'm not sure whether indirectly or directly, in her getting fired. When I received the letter from the chief of the ER letting me know of this PA's termination, I was so happy. She was so wretched.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Gloria said…

    Hey, why do my comments no longer show up in the main comments section? What is this grudge blogger is holding against me?

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Blogger was obviously having issues yesterday. The same happened to me when I posted comments on OM.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home