Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Friday, May 20

Another day, another dollar.

I'm sitting here at work and realizing that I haven't posted since last weekend. Actually I hope that I will be able to finish this post while at work. The new boss can be a stickler about certain things. Oh, and I do have a ton of work piled up that is begging me to come take a look.

The new boss is pretty much ok. I may not like some of her rules (like when I work on Fridays that I'm expected to be here until 5 and on Saturdays until 3). My old boss was pretty flexible on this kind of thing. Fridays I didn't have to stay any later than 4 and on Saturdays I could leave at 3. Then again she has been a consistent presence in the center since she began. Often I didn't know when the old boss was going to show up, if ever. Then her bosses would call and she'd expect me to cover for her. Hmmm ... maybe she needs that trust fund more than I do.

Looks like there's a new boy around, but he's already starting to irritate me. He called earlier this week because he said he had a few questions. I decided to just cut to the chase and said, "I already know what one of your questions is. You want to know why I didn't invite you to my housewarming." That was precisely the question. He was angry/hurt because I didn't. Mind you, I'd only met this guy three weeks before my housewarming. I told him that it was mostly family present. I just am picky about who gets to meet my family. His response? "Well it has to happen at some point." The last time some guy reacted that way to something I had said, the guy was planning our lives together. I keep wondering if these guys (yes, there have been quite a few of this type in my life) are this way all the time or do I bring out this obsessive quality.

Boy called this morning around 7 a.m. saying that he needed me to call him back at 8:30. He has jury duty and doesn't own an alarm clock. I get the feeling that this guy won't be around for much longer. Maybe that's the real reason why I didn't invite him.

Well, I'd better get back to work. I can't believe I still have four more hours to go.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Gloria said…

    If he can call you to tell you to call him back at a certain time (how lame!) he can either 1) program his cell phone to wake him up or 2) stay the fuck up already.

    Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them!

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Gloria, you read my mind. Speaking of which, I should probably head on over to David and Goliath. I haven't played that game in some time.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    DUH!! an alarm clock at Walmeggamart can be had for under 20 dollars. If he can't afford, or be bothered to GET one...

    YIKES

     

Post a Comment

<< Home