Dagny's World

Perhaps there is life beyond Craigslist.

Wednesday, April 27

Shake it like a salt shaker

Well tonight I headed off to see November at the festival. Of course there was a party after. I just got over to VIP too late to see Ms. Cox.

I was bummed to learn that there is a party tomorrow night for director Taylor Hackford that I will not be able to attend because of work. Did I mention how much this working thing sucks? I think I should be able to attend the party on Friday night for Joan Allen though.

Back to tonight though. I owe one guy an email. I met his daughter. She is four years younger than I am. Another guy tried to invite me to an after party. This was after he paid for the drink I ordered at the bar. He felt that it was the least he could do after watching me on the dance floor. Another thing I forgot to mention ... I chose to wear my ultra lowrise bootcut leather pants with the strappy sandals with 4 inch heels. I like to think of it as my classy stripper -- oops, exotic dancer -- wear. Oh and before I forget, the party was held at Ruby Skye. I loved it until the last song when the dj chose to play "Red Red Wine." All I could think was, "Tonight a dj didn't save my life."

The real joy is that I have finally broken the chain. Tonight I was home by 1:20.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Gloria said…

    You can no longer claim that you were a "former party girl", as your party girlishness is in full force.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aha, I see what you are saying now about dancing in a club bringing results... especially when you are wearing ultra low-rise bootcut leather pants, HOTT!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    I went straight to the film/party from work so I had to change at work. One of my 13 yo female students asked, "Are those real leather?" Her next concern was the shoes. She said that she would never be able to dance in them let alone walk in them.

    Oh ... and in my law school days I used to joke that if the law thing didn't work out, I would get breast implants, learn to do a full split (I'm already pretty good with the pole but that's another story), and become a stripper ... ummm exotic dancer.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    Cryptic, if I had known your interest, I would have made sure I was there on time. Why don't you just give me your list of fave celebs so that I'll know if I run into any of them in the future.

    By the way, when Courtney spoke at the screenin, she looked wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home